Love. It's all you need.

Sunday, February 14, 2016 / 2 comments

I've been married for 11 years.  I love my husband.  Over the last four years, we created two little humans.   A new kind of love came over me.  An overwhelming love.  An all encompassing love.  And I got swallowed in the love.  

With love, came the fear of not doing right by my kids.  Not being the best mom.  Not providing them with everything they need.  Not being healthy and there for my kids.  

The anxiety of being a working mom who wanted to be 100% at work and then 100% at home was very real.  

With all the effort I put forth into being the best for everyone else, I lost myself.  Without loving myself, could I really be present for everyone else?

So, almost five years later I am learning to love myself.  I go to the gym.  I put my phone away.  I read books.  I started a blog.  I play around on Instagram.  I started creating on TpT.  These outlets help my anxiety and fears subside.  I am a more present mother and wife. And teacher.  

There's a lot more to this story.  Maybe for another time.  For now, on Valentine's Day, I am focusing on love.....for my husband, kids and myself.  



2 comments:

  1. Lindsay! This is beautiful! I can totally understand the feeling of losing yourself. I am right there. I get so overwhelmed by expectations. It's so easy to lose yourself when you're pulled in many different directions, and you want to go in those directions even when it means losing your own self. Thanks for sharing this piece of your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, thanks for connecting! It's so real....and so hard. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. It helps to know you understand! We should really meet up sometime! Thanks for "getting it". :) Are you going to the Tpt meet up in April in Rochester?

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top