Totally Elementary - Five for FriYAY!!

Saturday, January 30, 2016 / 4 comments

Yeah!  It's that time of the week!! 

Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching!!!!

Short week...just three days because of the snow.  I couldn't wait to assess see my kids again after missing them for five days!!!


This is a pic of my classroom, Wednesday at 10:00 AM.  We had a two hour delay after missing two days because of snow.  My report cards are due this Monday morning and I still had SO much assessing to do.  I couldn't wait to cross some things off my LONG to-do list!!!  



I watched an amazing video on The Teaching Channel.  It featured a kindergarten teacher from San Francisco, John Michaud.   His whole philosophy of teaching was centered around providing experiences for students so they can create their own learning.  I was so inspired I immediately blogged and made pics to hang in my room (above) to remind me of this every day.  Stop and be present in the classroom.  Learning can happen with every new experience.




We are ready for the 100th day of school!!!!
All of my students brought in baggies filled with 100 items that they found at home.
We have Shopkins, Legos, pretzels, Swedish Fish (yum), cereal, pencils, popcorn and so much more!!

February 11th is our official 100th day of school but I wanted to kick off the fun with an interactive bulletin board that they whole school can enjoy.
Yes, this is the world's loonnnnggesssst board.  



Yesterday we made MELTED SNOWMEN!!!!

It was fun to be creative and messy.  Below is the cutest story that I read to go with the craft.  The kids loved how the "little" kid was the hero of the story.  



I'm ending with a shot of my two year old's fresh haircut.  I could eat him up, I love him so!!


Yes, I still eat Chipotle and we love it!!  When you source your food locally instead of getting the same old, same old off the Sysco truck sometimes things go awry, but I think they are going to get things figured out and bounce back!!

Until next week.....













4 comments:

  1. I love your room and the melted snowman, and what a cutie-pie son you have!
    All Y’all Need

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you!!!!! I moved to a different elementary school in my district this year and I am in LOVE with this room!!!! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I teach half time kindergarten too! I would love to talk to you sometime about how you structure your day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome! Do you have specials and recess? My day is from 9:00-11:45 and then 12:45 to 3:30. We have a half hour special (gym, art, computer, music, library) and a short recess (sometimes) every day in addition to math, whole group/small group reading, writing, handwriting and calendar time. I would love to hear how you break up your day too!!

      Delete

Back to Top