Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Saturday, January 9, 2016 / Leave a Comment

Hi!!

I'm Lindsay.  That's me in the middle....the other two cuties are my kids.  My daughter, Sofia, is 4 and my son, Will, is 2.  We live in central Pennsylvania with my husband (who doesn't share the same love of social media as me) and our two fur babies, Bella and Cody.




I grew up in Western Pennsylvania about an hour northwest of Pittsburgh.
During my college years (at the University of Pittsburgh and Robert Morris University) I met my husband, Bill. We graduated, got married and moved to Central PA all in one summer.

It's my eleventh year teaching and I am as happy as can be in my kindergarten classroom.  I teach at a school district in the Harrisburg - Hershey area.  We love HersheyPark and all things chocolate in my family!!

I love to learn so before I had kids I kept myself busy going to grad school.  I attended Penn State Harrisburg where I earned my masters in Curriculum and Instruction.  Then I decided to broaden my perspective of teaching and went back for my Principalship Certification.  Right before I had my daughter, I completed my internship and coursework.  I put off taking the state exam for licensure and just recently contacted PSU about finishing.  Things have changed so much and they're asking me to take two more classes so I'm up to date.  I'm excited to take the two classes again, but a little nervous about giving it my all while also being a mommy.  It will be a different experience this time!! 

Fortunately, I teach for a great school district that encourages teachers to go out there and continue their education and gain more teaching experiences.  My administration has given me the opportunity  to teach at different grade levels.  This has taught me so much about my students and my teaching philosophy.  Teaching fifth grade (two years) and third grade (5 years) has helped me see just where my kinders need to be (academically) as they get older.  I love teaching! There are aspects of the older grades that I miss, but my heart is in Kindergarten.


Thanks for reading!!  
I'd love to hear from you in the comments!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top