Five for Friday

Friday, January 1, 2016 / Leave a Comment


It's my first Five for Friday linky party with Doodle Bugs Teaching and my FIRST BLOG POST.  EVER.  I'm super excited to start blogging and share a little bit about myself!!

Christmas vacation has been pure bliss but I have to admit that I am a little excited to go back to school.  I've been obsessed with Instagram ALL BREAK and have collected a few ideas that I am going back with.  



I bought one of I Teach What's Your Superpower's mini sets (Audrey) and made a couple of binder covers for my Daily Five Teacher's Notebooks.  I teach half day K so I have two different notebooks. It wasn't hard to make two cute binder covers with Megan's cute graphics!!



I'm currently crushing hard on my new Apple Watch!!  When they first came out, I had a fitness bet with my husband.  We ordered a watch and whoever lost the most weight (percentage of weight) by the time it got to our house, got to keep the watch.  I LOST...but...he bought the one I wanted for Christmas this year!! My favorite thing is sending him my heartbeat.  I think I'm quite annoying with it.  Ha ha.  Oh well....I love it!!




I am relying on this book to change my life!!  

We bought a two bedroom townhouse ten years ago when we weren't even thinking about kids or what school district to live in.  Today we have two adults, two toddlers and two fur babies living in a 1200 square foot tiny house.  My daughter starts Kindergarten next fall so that means I have T minus 8 months to relocate.  

Decluttering.  Tidying up.  Organizing.  These are all things that MUST happen in the meantime!  It's not going to be easy.  I am both excited and completely dreading this process.  I have a minimalist mindset with a house full of clutter.  Not sure how this happened.  Haha.  



Friday night my husband and I are going on a much needed date!  It's just been of late that my husband and I have felt comfortable leaving the kids with a grandparent and heading out for date night.  We saw Dave Chappelle a couple of months ago and have tickets to see Kevin Hart New Year's Day!  We have a nice dinner planned with friends beforehand and then on to the show!!  




My school district uses the Handwriting Without Tears program.  I've grown to really love all of the hands on activities that are incorporated into this program.  This week I was very excited to learn that HWT now has an app for iPads!!!  I am so excited to go back to school and ask my principal to purchase this for our iPads.  It's a little pricey...$4.99... but since it correlates with our curriculum, it's a must buy, right?!?!?!


This has been a fun Christmas vacation!  I can't believe I only have two more 'wake ups' before we are back to the grind!  Happy New Year, everyone!!!












0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top